Digital and analogue wideband communications receiver with dualwatch and dualband recording functions.
- Decodes Digital Protocols
- 0.1–3304.999 MHz Wideband Coverage
- Dualwatch Operation
- Dual Band Recording Function
- 2.3’ Large LCD and Intuitive User Interface
- High Speed Scan − 200 Channels/Second
- Integrated GPS Receiver
- Band Scope Function
- Speech Function
- IP57 Rugged Construction
- Up to 8.3 Hours of Long Battery Life
- microSD Card Slot for Voice and Data Storage
- Wireless Operation with a Bluetooth® Headset
- Li-ion battery pack, BP-287
- Rapid charger, BC-223
- AC adaptor, BC-123SA/SE
- USB cable for charging and data transfer
- Telescopic antenna
- Belt clip, MB-133
- Hand strap
- (May differ or not supplied according to version)
Decodes Digital Protocols
The IC-R30 decodes various digital protocol signals, including P25 (Phase 1), NXDN, dPMR, D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) and Japanese domestic DCR (Digital Convenience Radio).
0.1–3304.999 MHz Wideband Coverage
The IC-R30 covers a wide frequency range from 0.1 to 3304.999 MHz, and receives conventional analog signals such as AM, FM, WFM, USB, LSB and CW as well as digital modes*. A ferrite bar antenna for AM broadcasts is built-in, and the earphone cable can be used as an external antenna for FM broadcasts.
SSB, CW and digital modes: 0.1 MHz–1.3 GHz. Usable frequencies and modes differ, depending on the selected A or B band. See specifications for details.
The radio can receive on different bands and different modes. For example, HF and UHF signals can be monitored simultaneously. You can scan for other active channels on the B band, while receiving the main signal on the A band.
Dual Band Recording Function
The audio of the two bands received while in the Dualwatch mode can be individually recorded onto a microSD card* in the WAV format. The recorded audio can be played back on the receiver or a PC. In addition, frequency, mode, S-meter reading, time, current position data and altitude can be saved with received audio.
A microSD/microSDHC card is required.