The Kiruna is a ultra-lightweight tunnel tent for two people.
When every gram on a trip counts but you still want the security of having somewhere dry to sleep no matter the weather, having the Kiruna in your pack is the perfect solution.
It‘s amazingly light thanks to the tapered rear tent frame construction and the use of nylon 6.6 ripstop with 5 layers of silicone coating for the outer tent.
All Tatonka tents are fast pitching due to a “multi-pitch” setup, where the inner tent is attached to the fly sheet making it faster to pitch and take down, which is particularly useful in bad weather. If required, the inner tent and flysheet can be separated and the flysheet and poles can be pitched to make a lightweight Bivvy. If the tent has been left up in the rain and you wish to break camp, its possible to remove the inner tent first (keeping it dry) before taking down the fly and poles. The tent floor is made of a tough 70 denier nylon that can withstand rough terrains.
The Kiruna is part of the expert series of Tatonka tents, and is identical in design to the Narvik from the Allround Series, except it is made from more lightweight materials.
- Premium tunnel tent with two pole arches
- Tapered back tent frame
- Ultra-light tent frame poles (8.6mm scandium)
- Front entrance into the vestibule
- Entrance into the inner tent with closable mosquito window
- Two large closable air vents, which can both be operated from the interior
- Air vent in the inner tent
- Reflective guy lines
- Practical storage loops for guy lines
- Size adjustable strap loops
- Ground tension points reinforced with webbing loops
- Two interior storage pockets
- Easy to reach insert pocket at the foot end
- Clothesline in the inner tent
- Includes storage bags for tent and poles
Sleeps 2 people
Dimensions 360cm L x 155cm W x 110cm H
Packed weight 2.3kg
Packed size 50cm L x 19cm Ø
Fabric (fly) 30 denier nylon 6.6 ripstop 250T Si
Fabric (inner) 30 denier nylon ripstop 245T WR
Fabric (floor) 70 denier nylon taffeta 190T PU
Water column rating (fly) 1,500mm
Water column rating (floor) 10,000mm
Pole specification Ultra light, 8.6mm scandium